Saturday, January 8, 2011

Alaska Careers 2011

Interested in working as a guide in Alaska this summer? Jill Hyatt, a past student. is hiring for Holland America-Princess Alaska/Yukon. Here's a copy of Jill's emails.

Hi Cherie,

I took your class about 8 years ago when it was offered at Santa Ana College on a Saturday. I was in a career that was well paying, but wanted into the travel industry. Your advice at the time was to seek out company's that would hire people with no experience. One of the companies that you recommended was Princess Tours. I went to work for Princess Tours as a driver/guide and loved it. I have now moved into more of a management position with Holland America-Princess Alaska/Yukon (the two companies combined their tour divisions several years ago). I will be recruiting for new driver/guides in the LA/OC area the week of the 17th of January. If you ever have questions about what type of jobs in the Alaska tour industry we offer, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you!!


Jill Hyatt
Assistant Manager, Transportation
HAP - Alaska/Yukon
Fairbanks Division
(907) 459-7963 Direct
(907) 479-9660 Reception


Hi Jill,

That's great. I'm so glad to hear about your career and that you love it. We are in the best industry in the world.

Thank you for letting me know about the your hiring. I'll post it in my Facebook pages, blog and in my classes. Are you also hiring outside of LA and OC? My online course is being offered throughout the US. Right now the enrollment is low due to the economy but I'll see what I can do.

I'd like to post your email as it is with your contact information. What's easiest for you? Do you want them to call? Email? Show up? Just let me know.

Thanks again Jill. I wish you all the best in 2011.

Cherie

Cherie Anderson
Professional Tour Management Training
www.tourtraining.com ;
cherie@tourtraining.com
www.tour-guide-training.com
www.facebook.com/tourtraining.com ;
www.facebook.com/protours ;
http://tourtraining.blogspot.com/ ;


Hi Cherie,
We do recruitment all over the U.S., and we have training programs in Provo, UT, Bellingham, WA, Phoenix, AZ and Los Angeles, along with Alaska. Many of our divisions have employee housing, although we do not in Fairbanks, which does seem to be a big issue for many folks. By all means people can contact me atJHyatt@hollandamerica-princess.com and go to our website to apply at www.alaskatourjobs.com. Once I know the exact locations of our recruitment events, I will forward it to you.

When guests and fellow employees ask me how I got into this business I always credit your class as getting me started.


Jill Hyatt
Assistant Manager, Transportation
HAP - Alaska/Yukon
Fairbanks Division
(907) 459-7963 Direct
(907) 479-9660 Reception

No comments: