Thursday, November 5, 2009

Green Jobs in Tourism

I want to encourage those interested in having an effect on the world in tourism to consider a career as a Professional Tour Director and or Guide. We have encouraged countries, local destinations and our tour members in understanding, sharing and saved areas from destruction thanks to tourism. As a professional Tour Director I travel with the tour groups and have a big influence on my group’s experiences domestically and internationally.

There are so many examples and so many new possibilities. Think of the wildlife parks in Africa saved for tourism and now more profits enriching the local communities, tourism support of our National Parks, the Antarctic, Artic, Borneo and struggling destinations around the world. Tourists are interested in education and not just getting on and off the coach at popular tourist attractions.

I recorded a free video series on careers available at: http://www.ehow.com/video_2275923_overview-tour-guide-career.html. I also train tour directors, tour guides and travel staff online through 1700 colleges and through my ebook the ‘Tour Director Training Guide’. Since I work through public education my training is all very reasonable. Link: www.tourtraining.com

I love working in tourism and hope this helps.
Cherie

2 comments:

Travel Bug said...

Here's a tour operator that is a great example of how important tourism is to 'green' jobs. I'm so impressed with what they are doing.

http://www.yellowbearjourneys.com/

Travel Bug said...

There’s more good news for the Meeting Market. The President of Ritz Carlton shared his experience in a recent interview on CNBC. He discusses the last couple years and the turn around in 2010. For those of us that work within the Meeting Industry will enjoy his comments, “....groups are definitely back...”

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1449770438&play=1